Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Overall, I Love Them And Want To Take Them Home With Me. . .But Sometimes. . . .

Nothing really attracts me about Buddhism except the meditation. Overall it's kind of a cold, detached faith. But they sure know the value of sitting silently and breathing deeply. Like this; hmmmmm. . . .hoooooo. Hmmmm. . . .hoooooo. Hmmmm. . . hooooo.

That's me taking long, slow, calming breaths, in case you were wondering. Because nothing can be quite as enraging as 8-year-olds, as any parent or 3rd-grade teacher knows. One of my Prathom 3 students actually suggested I smack his classmate with a bamboo stick today, that is how out-of-control they can be.

I would never hit a child. I don't think I physically could without making myself sick at my own horrible-ness.

But for the first time ever, today, I knew what it was like to really, really want to.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's the kind of day I had!!! All the way over here in the U.S. of A!! I'm feeling particularly patriotic today, you see, because I'm currently watching President Retard, I mean Bush, give the State of the Union. Or, as I think it should be titled, the State of the "I've fucked everything up" address. Love you! Your Patriotic Big Sis

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home