Friday, February 24, 2006

Lemme Tell Ya, The Lizards Have Some Choice Words About Thai Names

The term is wrapping up, which means that I have locked myself in my room to fill out evaluations. I thought they were joking when they said I had to test and grade every student. Because, I mean, I have nearly 600 students. Surely they didn't mean every student. That would be insane.

But. . . they did. And they are. I have a deformed and slightly moldy claw attached to the end of my arm to prove it. The spiderwebs in my hair are another clue. The spiders themselves tell me I'm nearly finished, which is what comes of locking yourself in your room for three days.

However, there is a light at the end of this tunnel of insanity, and that light is called Koh Chang. That's where I'm going the nanosecond the term ends. Actually I might go a few nanoseconds before the term ends. Just to get a head start, you know. And I do solemnly swear I will not stir from that beach except to get another very large beer for. . . .well, maybe forever. If that's what it takes to make the insects stop yelling at me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home