Friday, February 17, 2006

Unfortunately I Can't Give You a Temperature, Because They Do It Centigrade or Celsius or Whatver the "C" Stands For

It rained yesterday for only the second time since I've been in Rayong (that would almost 4 months). And it rained like it meant it, complete with thunder and angry-looking clouds and really oddly loud frog-croaking. I went running out this morning, expecting it to be all clean and freshly-washed smelling, like it is at home. You know, puddles and wet grass and clean clear air, the best part of a rainstorm if you ask me. And you have asked me, just by being on this website.

But, alas and alack, I think the rain merely re-activated all the pollution and dog poop lying around, and today is painfully hot and even stinkier than normal. Walking the 1/4 of a mile to this internet place caused me to sweat so heavily some actually dripped off my nose. That is so gross. That is gross on a level I haven't encountered in years, since I was young and my dad used to come home from his marathon training runs or whatever it was he ran seventy-eleven miles for, and he'd chase me and my sister around the house pretending to be the "Sweat Monster," and we'd squeal and run because kids love that sort of thing, but actually it was really totally gross how sweaty he was. That is how sweaty I was just from walking a quarter of a mile today.

That is TOO BLOODY HOT.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your sweat. I remember those long trudges just to get to a shitty dial up connection. Ahhh i miss those days

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home