Friday, March 10, 2006

I Think There's Some Blood In My Alcohol System

I think this might be the longest I've gone without a post before in my entire life. I apologize to my adoring fans, i.e. my parents, but I've just been too, too busy lying on the beach with a beer in one hand and a trashy novel in the other.

I'm currently on Koh Chang and loving life. I get up around 10:30 every day, then swim in the just-the-right-mix-of-warm-yet-still-refreshing ocean, then lay on the beach and offer myself up to the god of skin cancer. In the evenings I have some Thai barbeque and chill on the beach with my assorted new friends.

Okay, Mom and Jack and Dad and all other people in either parental positions or under the age of 17, you might want to stop reading now. NOT KIDDING, JUST STOP. STOP NOW. I KNOW YOU'RE STILL READING!! NOTHING TO SEE HERE PEOPLE!!

That's the best time- the evenings. There are wee little tables out on the sand itself, and the bartenders all do this absolutely insane fire-juggling act that, even without the influence of four or seven beers, would be totally awesome. They also serve a sociable but toxic concoction called the "Samsong bucket" consisting of Samsong brand whiskey, coke, red bull, and lime, served in a smallish beach bucket such as I used to make sand castles with. It's sweet and yummy and goes quickly and is much, much more potent than it tastes, as I discovered on Tuesday night when I thought I was fine until I found I couldn't walk. And then, well I'm not sure what happened then except for the next day, nearly everyone at the hostel asked me how I was doing. So I can safely assume it had been a rough night, even though I swear I only had like one bucket. I mean, they need to put a warning label on these things.

Then again, maybe serving whiskey in a bucket IS the warning label.

It's a nice international group of peeps I've collected. Last night around the Samsong bucket there were two Dutch(ers?), two Britishers, two Swedes, a Thai person, and myself. Forget love, man, I speak the international language of drunk.

I shall be here, loving the complete lack of responsibility, for god knows how long. Next place I have to be in Bangkok on April 6th to meet my best good friend Kelly (WOO-HOO!!!) So it's entirely possible I will not stir my beer-bloated, suntanned carcass off this beach until then.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have another MONTH on the beach!?!? Are you shitting me????? I didn't realize how completely unfair life is until JUST THIS MOMENT. At least Chris and I booked our 10 day trip to Zihuantanejo this morning!! :-) It's no month, though...

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A google search of Zihuantejo showed your blog and I was wondering if you have any advice on where to stay in Zihauntenjo and what to do? Email me back at scubanelson@hotmail.com if you get a chance.
Thanks,

-Steve

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home