Sunday, March 12, 2006

It's a Rough Life I Have

I have decided. . .and this decision took a good four hours because for the last week the only decision I've had to make is to roll over now, or give my back another half hour in the sun. . .that my next stop shall be Cambodia. I am going to Angkor Wat, which is the coolest thing ever. I just like to say that. . ."I am going to Angkor Wat." I, as in ME, going to CAMBODIA. Okay, last time. . .I am going to Angkor Wat! And then maybe Lao, after that. I'm also quite fond of saying that, "I'm going to Lao." Very lalala, I do this every week.

I'm giving myself another five days or a week here on Koh Chang, because I'm lazy like that and I want Kelly to be PHYSICALLY ILL with jealousy when she sees my tan, then cross the border which is conveniently located an hour or so away. Siam Reap, where the temples are located, is fairly far north but I'm told it's not difficult to get there. Lots of folks around here have traveled in Cambodia and say it's safe(ish) and cheap and that even if it weren't, Angkor Wat would be worth it. So I am monumentally bloody excited about this.

Unfortunately my camera has been acting up again- durn thing gets flung across a sand-filled room once and it quits working- so I'll have to get a little disposable or something to document it. So no online photos. Sad times.

But, you know, I spent this afternoon in a hammock reading Bridget Jones' Diary and drinking pineapple shakes, and occasionally paddling around in the ocean on a blue star-spangled floatie raft and so even though I will always find something to complain about (there's sand in my bed, my camera's broke, my shoulders are sunburned- just to pluck some out of the air) overall I just have to say. . . .LIFE IS GOOD. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home