Saturday, May 27, 2006

X-Men:The Next-to-Last Stand

This afternoon I took my two younger brothers, a friend of theirs, and Berny, our exchange student from Chile, to see X-Men 3:The Last Stand. (Huh, I'm strangely unembarassed to admit that.)

How was the movie? It was what I like to call SICK. What does "sick" mean? Sick is the Golden Gate Bridge picked up and moved for one's personal convenience. Sick is Hugh Jackman and his moussed hair poured into black leather. Sick is electrocuting someone until their (seriously unflattering) lip ring sizzles. I highly recommend it, and not just for people who could really use some superpowers right about now.

Oh, and you MUST stay until the VERY end, past the credits. It takes forever, but I promise you won't be sorry. They set us up for a fourth one like they're Steve Nash, setting up. . .well, shit, I've exhausted my basketball knowledge with that one. So you're just going to have to trust me on this one.

I did notice something totally weird, though. You know how, at the very end of movie credits, they have the "thank you" section? And they're always thanking, like, the City of Vancouver or something? Well, at the end of X-Men 3 they thanked Kiehl's (Since 1851). Kiehl's makes my hair stuff and, while it's very good hair stuff, in fact their Creme with Silk Groom is the only thing that keeps me from walking around doing a constant Whoopi Goldberg impression, I cannot for the life of me imagine how Kiehl's (Since 1851) contributed to the making of X-Men 3:The Last Stand.

Wait, I take that back. I can totally imagine situations involving Hugh Jackman, Hugh Jackman's hair, me, and some Kiehl's Creme with Silk Groom. Situations that contribute to HIS last stand, if you know what I mean (and I think you do).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home