Sunday, May 07, 2006

They SAID You Can Never Go Home Again. . . .I Wish

Disclaimer: it's a wondiferous thing my parentals did, loaning me enough money to get home. And accepting me in to their home (for the 3rd time since I "moved out") (well, accepting me in to garage. Close enough.). And feeding me and all that. I appreciate it, I REALLY do, and I know they didn't have to.

But this whole living-at-home-again thing? IS REALLY NOT WORKING FOR ME.

It's crowded here (my brother Bo returned from Chile 3 days before I did. Before I returned from Australia, I mean, not Chile. I've never been to Chile.). I'm sleeping in the garage, which would be fine except there are also small animals sleeping in the garage, because all the bedrooms are full of people, either large messy teenage boys or neat but teenage girls or parental units.

Plus Bo and I have gotten used to more independence and, though motherly and well-intentioned, our mother's insistence on stuff like doing chores and not swearing is difficult to deal with. Not like, say, cancer is difficult to deal with, of course, but you know what I mean.

So, if anyone out there wants to give me a job, preferably one that doesn't involve manual labor, selling clothes to rich housewives, or creepy old bosses and pays all out of proportion with the actual work involved, that would just great.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend, Lisa Minardi, needs someone for the studio behind her house off Emeline...small, but cute, with dsl, etc. She and her husband are very cool and you would be close to downtown. Rent is $750/month, which I know you're not ready for, but if you get a job soon I'm sure you could work something out. Interested? If so, I'll ask her for pics, more information, etc.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home