Tuesday, April 25, 2006

That's The Way!

Well, Kelly has left (booooo), but thanks to my loverly Mummy, it looks like I'll be able to stick around Melbourne for a bit longer (yay!). I am just not yet ready to go back to the old U S of A, although I have flashes of homesickness powerful enough to make me look up airfare online. Kind of like hot flashes.

But, besides Sid and my favorite foods and my sister and my mummy and my jacky and my own bed and my old friends, California holds very little of interest for me right now. I would just have to get a job and a place to live, same as here, but, as my mom quite astutely pointed out, I'd have to do it all with her breathing down my neck and haranguing (yeah, I said HARANGUING) me about the future. Here I only have to balance those things with not having a car and, oh yeah, more or less constant drunkeness. (My name is Otto and I like to get blato!) (That's just for you, Kel, whenever you get home.)

Plus it's fun being the token American, even if my friends like to call Americans "Seppos," short for "septic tanks" because according to them, Americans talk a lot of shit. Which I won't deny- I do talk a lot of shit, but I can back it up. Like all the shit I talk about being able to DRINK ALL OF AUSTRALIA UNDER THE TABLE. The Aussie boys disagree violently, but I notice they declined my invitation to go shot-for-shot against me.

So I've changed my location from "Rayong, Thailand" (which hasn't been true for nearly 2 months anyway) to "Melbourne, Australia." And changed my occupation from "English Teacher" to "Karaoke Singer." Which, yes, I SHAMELESSLY stole from my bro's MySpace page. See this? This is me, TOTALLY WITHOUT SHAME. And singing "I've got friends in low places."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home