Friday, April 14, 2006

You'll Be The First To Know

Made it safely out of Cambodia via The World's Bumpiest Road. I caught, like, three feet of air on that one. (And if you got that movie quote, I love you and you love me and let's all kill Bar-arrrr-ney.) Angkor Wat was enormous and amazing and I'm not even going to attempt to describe it right now. It wouldn't work, I know my own limits. Actually that's a blatant lie, I have no limits, I am SUPERGIRL, but even Supergirl cannot describe something when there are just NO WORDS.

I am now on Koh Pha Ngan, which isn't pronounced Faahh Unnggan like it looks, but more like Pawn-yawn. Last night was the world-famous Full Moon Party (my second), and since it coincided with Songkran, the Buddhist New Year, it was epic. Epic on an epic scale. Epic in a Gone With The Wind, Troy, Titanic, AND Lawrence of Arabia kind of way. Songkran is traditionally celebrated with an enormous nationwide water fight, and when potentially lethal amounts of alcohol are served, the results can get. . .well, really, really wet. Went to bed at approximately 6 am this morning, so even though it is now 3:31, it feels like the crack of dawn. However, I am a good and semi-responsible friend, so I've let my Kelstar sleep in while I sweat in the lobby, attempting to figure out how we are going to get back to Bangkok by tomorrow evening, considering everything takes a minimum of 14 hours in Thailand, even popping down the the shop for an US Weekly and a gallon of milk. It's stressful, but I know it will work out because it always does in the end, and also because it would take a far larger army than Thailand employs to keep me from flying to Australia tomorrow.

Kelly and I have been discussing at great length what we want to do when we get back to the States (which for her is Definitely April 26th and for me is Who The Hell Knows, But Possibly April 26th), and with our lives in general. This discussion has been aided with a lot of beer, but as of yet we haven't reached any specific conclusions. I'll keep you updated. For now we are very, very excited to go to Australia and see a new country and, mostly, see lots and lots of Aussie Hottie McHottersons. Hottie McAussiesons. My favorite kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home