Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Damn That California State Lotto!

Things are moving in the direction they oughta. . .that is, I have been offered a job and a room in a house and therefore will probably not have to fly home with the proverbial tail between my proverbial legs. Which is good.

The job is at a before- and after-school care place run by the best friend of a good friend I made while traveling. It's not full time, so I'll have to supplement with a retail job or something, probably. Not my idea of fun, but until those lottery payments come through, I have to eat.

Actually, looking at my current beer belly status, I could probably go awhile without eating.

I'm excited about this room. Good price, and un-effing-beatable location. Blocks from the pier and esplanade, blocks from one of the major shopping streets, and there's a tram that goes right past the door. And the roomies seem like they are all that roomies should be; smiley, tidy, social but not pushy.

So, feeling optimistic, excited, hopeful even.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home