Sunday, April 30, 2006

DOOOOOOM!

A tragedy of epic proportions has occurred. (Did I spell that right? I swear my brain is atrophying.) My visa application - my application to stay here in Melbourne as a gainfully employed and non-homeless person - has been turned down. Refused. REJECTED. Because, technically, I guess I'm meant to apply for it before I actually arrive in Australia. And also because they hate Americans, and don't have any guarantees for Americans like they do for Canadians, Britishers, and others from peaceful, non-domineering countries.

Which means I can't legally work here. And while many, many people don't let that stand in their way, I am the daughter of lawyers and I just am not comfortable messing with the Australian Immigration Department. Or whatever it's called in this mean, MEAN country.

However, I can't afford to fly home right now. I could fly home if I had a job, but if I had a job I wouldn't need to fly home. I think I've read a book about this before. . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home