Tuesday, June 06, 2006

He's Gotta Wear Shades

On Friday, two pretty cool things happened.

One, I turned 23. Please, don't all start cheering at once. I'm not particularly interested in being 23. 22 was fine. 21 was even better. I could have stayed 21 for a long, long time. 23 is that depressing age where you're still too young to have accomplished anything really interesting but old enough that you COULD have accomplished something really interesting, if you were anything special.

Two, my brother Sam graduated from high school, which, though graduations are usually pretty dull, I found much more exciting than my birthday. Sam has such a bright future- he's spending a month in Europe this summer, before beginning at Juilliard in the fall. (Did I spell that right? I'm never sure.) I think I might be more excited than he is - because he doesn't even REALIZE how much EFFING FUN and how many EFFING COOL EXPERIENCES he's going to have. I can't wait, for him. And for myself, because now I have someone to send to Canal St. for quality fake designer handbags. Sa-weet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home