Thursday, June 15, 2006

Lizzie Borden Took an Axe, Gave Her Father 40 Whacks. . .

We have a 5th dog, suddenly. It's my late grandmother's dog, a tan miniature Chihuahua named Lizzie (which, yes, I think is an awful name, but at least it isn't Lulu or Sassy, both alternatives suggested in all earnestness by my sister), but she's been living with my aunt in Chico until last weekend. My aunt's a little. . .eccentric (Welcome to Understatementville, Population:Me), so my step-dad brought Lizzie to stay with us for a bit. She allegedly cost $500 and weighs all of 5 lbs, which means she cost approximately $100 bucks a lb, or $6.25 an ounce. That's practically as much as crack cocaine. And she doesn't give you nearly the same effect when you sniff her.

But she's really, really cute. She can really run, her little legs a blur beneath her, but she looks so awkward with her butt up and her elbows flying (knees? I don't know, the little points at the back of her legs). She looks like she's about to run smack into a building. And her bark is more like a quack, but she nearly shakes herself off her (tiny) feet with the effort of barking at all the big bad noises.

I am in danger of developing a serious crush here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BITE ME...

10:53 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I ain't gotta lie to kick it!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home