Friday, September 09, 2005

I am an F-ing computer genius

I bought myself an iPod yesterday. Because I like to be a year or so behind everyone else like that. The reason I didn't write about it yesterday is because I wasn't that excited about it yesterday, because yesterday, it didn't look like I was ever going to figure out how it worked. I have a moral objection to paying for online music, so I couldn't do it the easy way and sign up for iTunes. Actually it's not so much a moral objection as a wallet objection. I have LimeWire, which is nice and cheap (free but shhh! don't tell anyone) but not easy to figure out. And my iPod didn't want to work with LimeWire. And my downloads didn't want to be saved under iTunes. And my computer didn't want to tell me how to fix any of this. That poor defenseless iPod came close to being thrown across the room a couple of times. (Actually, it's probably not defenseless. Knowing Apple, that thing is capable of growing arms and beating me to death with a USB cord.)

But, fucking computer genius that I AM, this morning I figured that fucker out and MADE it take the music from LimeWire (which I found saved under this random Queens of the Stone Age default folder, BO YOU FUCKER). I said, "New iPod, you smug little Aryan bastard, you will take my pirated music and YOU WILL LIKE IT!" And then I did a little booty-shaking, arm-waving victory dance to Britney Spears' "My Prerogative." Because free music is MY PREROGATIVE, BITCHES!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home