Saturday, December 03, 2005

Just be glad I didn't start quoting the actual lyrics

Oh, we didn't like that last post did we? No, not at all. I thought about going into all the gory details but I really didn't feel like it. And if nothing else, one good thing about living in Thailand is that no one in California can make me do anything I don't feel like doing.

Not actually that big of a deal. Really. It was just that I was in the process of learning, in that painful, slow, head-banging-into-a-brick-wall way that I have that (MAJOR CYNICISM ALERT) you really cannot depend on anyone but yourself. It's a mistake to assume anyone is always there for you. Okay, I lie. I can always depend on my mommy and my sister and my girls, but they aren't here, are they?

No, they most certainly are not.

So I made that mistake, obviously. And it sucked, and it still sucks, but I learned my lesson and MAN do I feel better. It's awful to feel alone, especially when you think you aren't alone, when you think you've got someone totally in your corner, and then it turns out that someone really has lots of baggage, a self-absorption problem, and serious issues with TOTAL STUPIDITY. And if that's a little cryptic I'm sorry, but that's just the way it has to be.

But I'm over it. I've played "I Will Survive," "Stronger," and "Fighter" 1.7 bajillion times each, had several good cries along with at least two episodes of throwing things (at the wall, not a person. I'm not, like, out of control or anything), and I've come out the other side smarter, stronger, etc etc blah blah blu. It sucks, but it's also a great feeling remembering that I can handle all this alone. That I will be fine, no matter what.

Alone, shmalone. I'm so freaking fantastic, who would WANT anyone else?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home